This Character Words Vocabulary Test is a supplementary resource which can be used in conjunction with Chapter One of the Music Analysis: Listening Beyond Hearing textbook, which covers the topic of character fully.
There are three parts to this resource:
- A Student Sheet (PDF) with blank sections for written responses
- A Teacher Sheet (PDF) which has sample responses
- The password file (TXT) for opening the above PDFs
To gain the most from this resource:
- Print out the Student Resource Sheet.
- Read through in detail the information on pages one and two with a highlighter and pen.
- Underline and define any unfamiliar terminology and write these in your Glossary located at the back of the “Listening Beyond Hearing” text.
- Create flash cards to aid in learning unfamiliar concepts.
- Complete the tempo activities on your own (or as a class if working with a teacher or in a small group).
- Look at the suggested answers provided on the Teacher Resource Sheet and note any areas where further study is required.
Publication: Music Analysis: Listening Beyond Hearing
Series: Resource Sheets
Product: Character Word Vocabulary Test
Date Published: February 2020
Downloadable Files: Teacher Sheet (PDF), Student Sheet (PDF), Password details (TXT)