Welcome to the Listening Beyond Hearing music education resources website.
We are surrounded everyday by music—it is all pervasive. It is piped into our ears while shopping, it encourages us to buy through advertising – it is the soundtrack to films, computer games and even our lives, now it is so portable. If you ask anyone about a significant event in their lives, often it will be attached to some special music. Music has the power to move us to tears, to sing in a stadium of thousands, to dance, to be still.
Given the prevalence of music in our everyday lives, an understanding of its effect and WHY it can make us feel a certain way is a vital skill. To all who wish to comprehend this powerful medium, I have produced these resources. May it open your ears to the wonder and creativity that is music – and may it supply you with the skills to understand its power.
please visit the Booking Request page.
Latest Articles & Posts
- Here is my 2023 effort for the new study design – Repertoire Performance. Thank you to the facebook crew who got the files to me! This response is under timed conditions. As a result, there WILL be mistakes!! Please please please PM me when you find mistakes. I would love to fix them. There are many ... Read more
- Here is my 2023 effort for the new study design – Contemporary Performance. Thank you to Adrian and Steven who got the files to me and who helped explain what the different feels were! This response is under timed conditions. As a result, there WILL be mistakes!! Please please please PM me when you find mistakes. ... Read more
- Here is my 2022 effort. Thank you to Amy who got the files to me. This is our last exam of this Study Design! Again, this response is under timed conditions. As a result, there WILL be mistakes!! Please please please PM me when you find mistakes. I would love to fix them. There are many ... Read more
- 2023 is the year a new study design will be implemented in Victoria for the Victorian Certificate of Education. In a recent Webinar, I put together three powerpoint slides that demonstrated how both Contemporary and Repertoire streams of the new VCE Syllabus (hitting us all 2023) could be taught together. The blue text indicates the ... Read more
- For the time poor who are wanting to improve their music analysis skills, I’ve got you covered! These videos were born out of a desire to provide resources to Music students and a lack of time. Fortunately, this seems to have been a winning combination and there are even people wanting to know where all ... Read more
- Lockdown 2020 and there’s not much of myself left after teaching my students and my class of Gillans at home. Five minutes is all I’ve been able to manage to give to the outside world, but it seems to have been embraced! Here’s a list of Mini Musicianship sessions for those playing along at home. ... Read more
- One of the best things about releasing the song I wrote for my parents – Oma and Opa’s song is seeing the versions people have done. Children, adults from young to old it’s been amazing. I’ve had a school in Queensland and a guitarist from Italy. I’ll share some of the ones I’ve found here. Sheet ... Read more